The Russian spies will return for a fourth season.
FX announced Tuesday, the series follwing Elizabeth and Phillip Jennings has been renewened for 13-episode order for Season 4, which is slated to debut in 2016.
“Remarkably, this season of ‘The Americans’ has achieved even greater acclaim than that of its first two seasons,” Grad said. “The series has cemented it status with critics as television’s best current drama and arguably the best show on TV, and we couldn’t agree more.”
Are you happy about this renewal?
FX’s thriller series “The Americans” return date has been announced.
The series starring Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys will debut its second season on Wednesday, Feb. 26 at 10/9c, the cable network announced on Thursday.
The series also stars Noah Emmerich, Holly Taylor, Keidrich Sellati, Annet Mahendru, Alison Wright and Susan Misner.
FX is staying with “The Americans.”
The cable network announced Thursday, the freshman-spy series has been renewed for a second season. The drama series starring Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys will return for a 13-episode second season in 2014.
“’The Americans’ has quickly established itself as a key part FX’s acclaimed drama line-up,” FX President John Landgraf said in a statement. “Executive Producers Joe Weisberg, Joel Fields and Graham Yost and their collaborators are telling riveting and deeply emotional stories and the performances of Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, Noah Emmerich and the entire cast are simply outstanding. The show is truly worthy of its widespread critical acclaim and we are confident that its quality will continue to yield a robust and passionate audience.”
Additionally, FX will air a marathon of the first five episodes of “The Americans” back-to-back on Friday, March 1, starting at 10 p.m. ET.
“The Americans” currently airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET on FX.
Adam Brody is heading to “House of Lies.”
“The O.C.” alum will guest star in two episodes of the Showtime’s comedy series, Showtime announced Thursday.
The fan favorite “O.C.” actor will play the owner of an adult toy company who forms a relationship with Kristen Bell’s character, Jeannie.
“House of Lies” returns Sun., Jan. 13 at 10 p.m. EST.
More casting news…
Julianne Moore will reprise her role as Nancy Donovan, Alec Baldwin’s Jack sweetheart on “30 Rock.” [Huff Post]
“NYPD Blue” alum Gail O’Grady is heading to “Castle.” O’Grady will play Margo Cowan a reality star featured in a “Real Housewives” style. [TV Guide]
“Justified” alumna Margo Martindale is joining FX spy drama “The Americans.” Martindale will play Claudia, a KGB illegal living in the U.S. who delivers assignments to married Russian spies Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Keri Russell). The Emmy winner is set to appear in at least eight episodes.
Sandra Vergara, Sofia Vergara’s sister has been booked to guest-star as Silvana, a Latin pop star on “CSI.” [TV Line]
Justin Bruening is heading to Seattle Grace.
The “Ringer” alum has been cast to play a paramedic in a recurring role on ABC’s “Grey’s Anatomy,” according to TVLine.
Bruening is set to appear late January or early February on the series.
“Grey’s Anatomy” airs Thursdays at 9/8c on ABC.
More TV news…
- Denis O’Hare (“True Blood”) has been booked to guest-star as Father Shea, a Priest he portrayed on “Law & Order: Criminal Intent,” in an upcoming episode of “Law & Order: SVU.” [TVGuide]
- “The Americans,” FX’s new 1980s-set spy drama starring Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys, will debut in Wed., January 30 at 10/9c.
- Fox has picked up animation series “Murder Police” with a 13-episode order, from David A. Goodman (“Family Guy”) and Jason Ruiz.
- J.K. Rowling’s Casual Vacancy is coming to a TV near you. BBC One has picked up the novel for a Television series. [EW]
- DirecTV will air Kiefer Sutherland’s “24” starting Monday, Jan. 7 at 8/c.
- Missing “Game of Thrones” as much as we are? Watch the behind-the-scenes clip of the HBO series below.
- FX has revealed a teaser of “Justified‘s” upcoming fourth season, which kicks off Tuesday, Jan. 8.