TBS renews “Men At Work” for a third season; “Sullivan & Son” for a third season; and reality series “Deal With It” for a second season.
Funny men Andy Samberg and Aziz Ansari will join the Comedy Central Roast of James Franco. [EW]
“Hollywood Game Night” will return for a second season in 2014.
Kanye West will stop by Kris Jenner’s talk Show “Kris” on Aug. 23. [EW]
Kym Johnson won’t dance in the Ballroom this season of “Dancing With the Stars.” [EW]
Adrien Brody will star in History network miniseries “Houdini.” [Variety]
Check out “Girls” season three teaser below. The new season returns in 2014.
Bottoms up! TBS has ordered a second season of “Sullivan & Son.” The second season of 10-episode is schedule to debut in 2013, the TBS announced today.
Steve Byrne stars as a corporate attorney in “Sullivan & Son,” who returns home to take over his family’s bar.
“Sullivan & Son has gotten off to a strong start, quickly building its own fan base,” said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TBS, TNT and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). “We’ve had a great time working with Steve Byrne, Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley, Rob Long and the wonderful cast and crew of “Sullivan & Son,” and we look forward to seeing the show continue to grow in 2013.”
The comedy series airs Thursdays at 10/9c on TBS.
TV news you might have missed…
‘Spartacus’ creator Steven S. DeKnight is developing a science-fiction drama called “Incursion” for Starz. “Babylon 5” creator J. Michael Straczynski is also developing a show called “Vlad Dracula” for Starz. [Huffpost]
Related: ‘Spartacus’: War of the Damned Teaser.
A “Breaking Bad” spin-off? Creator Vince Gilligan says he would love to see a Saul Goodman spin-off, would you? [EW]
“Arrested Development” season 4 is in the works. Executive producer Ron Howard tweeted “Arrested Development for Netflix. IT’S ALIVE.” The series was saved by Netflix for a fourth season of 10 episodes. The episodes are set to release sometime in 2013 on Netflix.
According to Huffpost, Lifetime has picked a reality series called “Prom Queens.” The show will “document the great social, financial and emotional lengths some girls go each spring by following the teens as they extensively strategize and campaign among fellow students to win votes and achieve their dream.” The reality series premieres Tues., Aug. 14 at 10/9c p.m. on Lifetime.
TVLine reports “Psych” will air a two-hour musical with original music. The “Psych” musical episode is expected to air towards the end of Season 7 at a different time than the show’s usual time slot.
In other TV news, Summer premieres continues this week, find out which series premieres this week by checking out the list below.
- “Leverage” (Season 5 premiere Sun., July 15, 8 p.m. ET on TNT)
- “Political Animals” (Series premiere Sun., July 15, 10 p.m. ET on USA) This freshman series takes a look at politics and corruption This drama series stars Sigourney Weaver, Carla Gugino, Ellen Burstyn, Adrian Pasdar and James Wolk. Take a look at the trailer below.
- “Breaking Bad” (Season 5 premiere Sun., July 15, 10 p.m. ET on AMC) The final season of “Breaking Bad” will be split in two, with the first half airing starting tonight, and the second half in 2013. The season picks up right where season 4 left off. Check out the trailer below.
- “Small Town Security” (Series premiere Sun., July 15, 11 p.m. ET on AMC) This new reality series follows a family-owned private security company in rural Georgia.
- “Sullivan & Son” (Series premiere Thurs., July 19, 10 p.m. ET on TBS) From executive producer Vince Vaughn, comes this new sitcom about Steve (Steve Byrne), a guy who takes over his family’s bar.
- “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” ( Series Premiere Thursday, July 19, 9 p.m. ET) A web series from Jerry Seinfeld about comedians getting coffee.