TV news you might have missed…
‘Spartacus’ creator Steven S. DeKnight is developing a science-fiction drama called “Incursion” for Starz. “Babylon 5” creator J. Michael Straczynski is also developing a show called “Vlad Dracula” for Starz. [Huffpost]
Related: ‘Spartacus’: War of the Damned Teaser.
A “Breaking Bad” spin-off? Creator Vince Gilligan says he would love to see a Saul Goodman spin-off, would you? [EW]
“Arrested Development” season 4 is in the works. Executive producer Ron Howard tweeted “Arrested Development for Netflix. IT’S ALIVE.” The series was saved by Netflix for a fourth season of 10 episodes. The episodes are set to release sometime in 2013 on Netflix.
According to Huffpost, Lifetime has picked a reality series called “Prom Queens.” The show will “document the great social, financial and emotional lengths some girls go each spring by following the teens as they extensively strategize and campaign among fellow students to win votes and achieve their dream.” The reality series premieres Tues., Aug. 14 at 10/9c p.m. on Lifetime.
TVLine reports “Psych” will air a two-hour musical with original music. The “Psych” musical episode is expected to air towards the end of Season 7 at a different time than the show’s usual time slot.
In other TV news, Summer premieres continues this week, find out which series premieres this week by checking out the list below.
- “Leverage” (Season 5 premiere Sun., July 15, 8 p.m. ET on TNT)
- “Political Animals” (Series premiere Sun., July 15, 10 p.m. ET on USA) This freshman series takes a look at politics and corruption This drama series stars Sigourney Weaver, Carla Gugino, Ellen Burstyn, Adrian Pasdar and James Wolk. Take a look at the trailer below.
- “Breaking Bad” (Season 5 premiere Sun., July 15, 10 p.m. ET on AMC) The final season of “Breaking Bad” will be split in two, with the first half airing starting tonight, and the second half in 2013. The season picks up right where season 4 left off. Check out the trailer below.
- “Small Town Security” (Series premiere Sun., July 15, 11 p.m. ET on AMC) This new reality series follows a family-owned private security company in rural Georgia.
- “Sullivan & Son” (Series premiere Thurs., July 19, 10 p.m. ET on TBS) From executive producer Vince Vaughn, comes this new sitcom about Steve (Steve Byrne), a guy who takes over his family’s bar.
- “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” ( Series Premiere Thursday, July 19, 9 p.m. ET) A web series from Jerry Seinfeld about comedians getting coffee.