Beyonce is set to return to HBO, with husband Jay Z.
HBO will premiere “On the Run Tour: Beyonce and Jay Z,” which will feature the couple in their first collaborative tour, in September, the network announced Thursday at the Television Critics Assn. summer press tour.
The special will tape Sept. 12 and 13 at Stade de France in Paris on the only international leg of the married couple’s current tour.
“This is a major musical event that belongs on HBO,” said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. “It’s going to be a night to remember.”
More HBO news, “Boardwalk Empire‘s” eight-episode fifth and final season will premiere Sunday, Sept. 7.
Set in Depression in 1931, the season follows Nucky planning for his his post-Prohibition future.
Can’t wait for the final season? Watch the teaser below.
Beyoncé’s new documentary “Life Is But A Dream” will definitively address the nasty rumors she was subjected to during her pregnancy.
In the second trailer released by HBO, Queen B struggles on how much she reveals about herself and her pregnancy. “They keep putting me in these tight clothes and trying to hide [the pregnancy]. It’s very difficult. I don’t know how I’m going to get through this.
Check out the trailer below.
“Life Is But A Dream” airs on Feb. 16 on HBO. Will you tune in?
HBO is scheduled to air a documentary featuring Beyoncé, Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming announced Monday.
HBO will air an intimate documentary film featuring multiple grammy®-winner, entrepreneur and actress Beyoncé.
“Everybody knows Beyoncé’s music, but few know Beyoncé the person,” said Lombardo. “Along with electrifying footage of Beyoncé onstage, this unique special looks beyond the glamour to reveal a vibrant, vulnerable, unforgettable woman.”
The film which will be directed and executive produced by Beyoncé will show the 16-time Grammy Award-winning singer, businesswoman, songwriter, actress, entrepreneur, wife and mother in raw and “intense physical and emotional demands she goes through in the studio, preparing for live performances, running a business and her family life including her return to the spotlight after the birth of her daughter, Blue Ivy Carter.”
“HBO has a history of pushing every boundary with class and authenticity,” said Beyoncé in a statement. “Some of my favorite shows are on HBO, so I am excited that my film will be part of its bold programming. This film was so personal to me, it had to have the right home.”
The documentary is set to air Feb. 16 2013.
BBC first original series “Copper” has been renewed for a second season.
“Copper,” from executive producers Barry Levinson and Tom Fontana, has been picked up for a sophomore season of 13 episodes, that is three more episodes than the first season.
“BBC America’s first original scripted series, “Copper,” has proven to be a perfect fit for the channel,” said BBC Worldwide America GM Perry Simon. “Our viewers have made it our highest-rated series premiere ever and highest-rated drama series ever.”
The first season finale airs this Sunday on BBC America.
More TV news…
- NFL announced Tuesday that Beyonce will perform during the The Super Bowl’s halftime, which is set for Feb. 3, 2013 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
- The Hollywood Reported reports, ABC has ordered two additional episodes of freshman drama “Last Resort” and “666 Park Avenue.” Plus, the networks has also increased the scripts orders of “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Modern Family” and “The Middle” making their on going season of 24 episodes. Whereas, “Castle” got an order of one more episode, which results in a total of 23 episodes. [THR]
- Fox freshman comedy “The Mindy Project” have received an additional two episodes order plus ‘ the full season pick up, bringing the series to a season of 24 episodes.
- Cinemax’s “Banshee” is set to debut January 11, 2013 at 10 p.m. [EW]
- ‘Teen Mom 2′ returns on Nov. 12 for its season 3 on MTV at 10/9c.
- TNT has ordered a season of six-episode of a new untitled series from executive producers Frank Darabont (“The Walking Dead”), Michael De Luca (“The Social Network,” “Moneyball”) and Elliot Webb (“Tall Time Tales”). The series which is based on L.A. Noir: The Struggle for the Soul of America’s Most Seductive City by John Buntin, stars “Walking Dead‘s” Jon Bernthal as an ex-Marine now working as an LAPD cop in an era rampant with police corruption.
- “America’s Next Top Model” has been renewed for a 20th cycle, which will include male aspiring models.
- “Shahs of Sunset’s” second season will debut Sunday, Dec. 2 at 10/9c on Bravo.
- “Being Human’s” third season of 13-episode will premiere on Monday, January 14 at 9/8c, it was announced today.
- “Psych” seventh season will premiere on Feb. 27 on USA.
- TNT has canceled the reality competition series “The Great Escape.” [TV Guide]
- “Bachelorette” Ashley and J.P.’s Wedding will air this December, ABC announced earlier this week.
- Syfy has released a teaser of “Defiance,” which premieres April 2013. Take a look below.