Last week’s TV news you might have missed
ABC has designated Monday, Nov. 5 as a “Day of Giving” to benefit the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
The benefit debuts with “Good Morning America,” which will dedicate the 8 o’clock hour to raising money for relief efforts. The relief continues all day with segments on “Live With Kelly and Michael,” “The View,” “The Chew,” “Katie,” “Dancing with the Stars” and “Nightline.”
More TV news…
- BBC One has ordered a third season “Luther,” which stars Idris Elba.
- Anderson Cooper’s talk show “Anderson” has been cancelled after two seasons. Will you miss the talk show? [The New York Times]
- “Gossip Girl’s” two-hour series finale will air on Monday, December 17. xoxo [TVLine]
- Miss Universe will air live on Wed., Dec. 19 at 8/7c on NBC. The show will be hosted by Bravo’s Andy Cohen and E! News’ Giuliana Rancic.
- Actress Jodie Foster will be honored with the Cecil B. Demille award at the 70th annual Golden Globes next year.
- “Jerseylicious” has been renewed for a 14-episode fifth season.
- “Jeopardy” and “Wheel of Fortune” have been renewed through 2016.
- “Long Island Medium” will return for a fourth season in March 2013. [THR]
- Taylor Swift will co-host “The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!: Countdown to Music’s Biggest Night” with LL Cool J (‘NCIS: Los Angeles”) The live broadcast is set to air on December 5 at 10/9c on CBS.
- “Treme’s” fourth and final season will consist of five episodes, which are schedule to begin production on Nov. 5.