BBC first original series “Copper” has been renewed for a second season.
“Copper,” from executive producers Barry Levinson and Tom Fontana, has been picked up for a sophomore season of 13 episodes, that is three more episodes than the first season.
“BBC America’s first original scripted series, “Copper,” has proven to be a perfect fit for the channel,” said BBC Worldwide America GM Perry Simon. “Our viewers have made it our highest-rated series premiere ever and highest-rated drama series ever.”
The first season finale airs this Sunday on BBC America.
More TV news…
- NFL announced Tuesday that Beyonce will perform during the The Super Bowl’s halftime, which is set for Feb. 3, 2013 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
- The Hollywood Reported reports, ABC has ordered two additional episodes of freshman drama “Last Resort” and “666 Park Avenue.” Plus, the networks has also increased the scripts orders of “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Modern Family” and “The Middle” making their on going season of 24 episodes. Whereas, “Castle” got an order of one more episode, which results in a total of 23 episodes. [THR]
- Fox freshman comedy “The Mindy Project” have received an additional two episodes order plus ‘ the full season pick up, bringing the series to a season of 24 episodes.
- Cinemax’s “Banshee” is set to debut January 11, 2013 at 10 p.m. [EW]
- ‘Teen Mom 2′ returns on Nov. 12 for its season 3 on MTV at 10/9c.
- TNT has ordered a season of six-episode of a new untitled series from executive producers Frank Darabont (“The Walking Dead”), Michael De Luca (“The Social Network,” “Moneyball”) and Elliot Webb (“Tall Time Tales”). The series which is based on L.A. Noir: The Struggle for the Soul of America’s Most Seductive City by John Buntin, stars “Walking Dead‘s” Jon Bernthal as an ex-Marine now working as an LAPD cop in an era rampant with police corruption.
- “America’s Next Top Model” has been renewed for a 20th cycle, which will include male aspiring models.
- “Shahs of Sunset’s” second season will debut Sunday, Dec. 2 at 10/9c on Bravo.
- “Being Human’s” third season of 13-episode will premiere on Monday, January 14 at 9/8c, it was announced today.
- “Psych” seventh season will premiere on Feb. 27 on USA.
- TNT has canceled the reality competition series “The Great Escape.” [TV Guide]
- “Bachelorette” Ashley and J.P.’s Wedding will air this December, ABC announced earlier this week.
- Syfy has released a teaser of “Defiance,” which premieres April 2013. Take a look below.