- BET announced Wednesday the nominees of its 2012 Hip Hop Awards. Kanye West leads the nominations with 17 nods, while Rapper 2 Chainz scored 13 nods and Drake earned 11 nods, respectively. Mike Epps will host the award show, which airs Oct. 9. Visit BET for the full list of nominees.
- A&E “The Glades” has been renewed for a fourth season.
- “I’m Having Their Baby” and “Hollywood Exes” have also been renewed.
- TV host, Ellen DeGeneres has sold an untitled sitcom to NBC. The series centers on an independent 32-year-old woman who, is listed as “single” while signing papers for a house, enters crisis mode and wonders if she’s made the right decision in being on her own. [THR]
- Bravo is developing five new scripted series. “Heathers” is a modern-day update of the ’80s cult film; “The Apartment” -working title- is about two children who rent out their late mother’s love nest to those people involved in extramarital affairs; “The Darlings” -working title- follows an Upper East Side family who secrets are revealed due to a Ponzi scheme; “All American Girl” spans three time periods and centers on three women at the titular lifestyle magazine; and lastly, “Rita” which is based on a Danish series about an outspoken private teacher and mother. [Bravo]
- “Occult” has been given a pilot order by A&E. The supernatural series follows a FBI agent after he returns to work from a breakdown he experienced while investigating his wife’s disappearance. Back on the force the agent is placed on a new occult-centric task force with a new partner. [EW]
- “Entourage” fans, series creator Doug Ellin tells Deadline, he is almost finished writing the script of the movie, which picks up six months after the HBO series ended last year. “There are interesting developments about Ari as a studio head,” the showrunner reveals told Deadline.“But foremost is the friendship between the guys, who are still hanging out and going to fun parties, and it continues with the same characters.” [Deadline]