Last week’s TV news you might have missed…
- “Glee” will cover Carly Rae Jepsen’s summer hit “Call Me Maybe.” TVLine reports, the number would be split among Brittany, Tina and Blaine.
- The “Price Is Right” is searching for its first-ever male model. It is about time they did if you ask me. Casting call for the lucky model begins Thurs., Aug 30. For more information about the position, click here.
- Fox has purchased an hour-long romantic comedy project from Jason Katims, and Sarah Watson. The”edgy” drama follows a single thirtysomething attorney working at a Chicago-area law firm.
- VH1 picked up La La Anthony’s “La La’s Full Court Life” for a third season. The season is set to premiere in early 2013.
- HBO has given the green light to “Family Tree,” an eight-episode documentary-style comedy from filmmaker Christopher Guest. The series centers on a jobless and single man (played by “Bridesmaids” Chris O’Dowd) who begins exploring his heritage after receiving a strange box from a great-aunt. “Family Tree” is set to air simultaneously on the U.K.’s BBC 2. [EW]
- AMC has renewed its hit reality show “The Pitch” for a second season.
- T.I.’s Wife, Tiny will host VH1’s first late night talk show called “Tiny Tonight.” The late night talk show will feature Tiny and her friends as they discuss what is happening in the World. Do you think Toya Wright will make an appearance on the talk show? If not, who do you think will join Tiny on the talk show? [Madame Noire]
- It seems “The Voice” is changing the gears up a bit. According to Huff Post TV, the coaches – Levine, Shelton, Lo, and Aguilera – can “steal” contestant from each other during a “knockout round.” We are just wondering if “The Voice” got the idea for CBS’ reality series “Big Brother.” “The Voice” bows out Sept. 10 on NBC.
- THR reports, “Tonight Show with Jay Leno” has fired 20 employees, however it is unclear why the employees were laid off and who were laid off. The Hollywood Reporter also reports Jay Leno who reportedly makes $30 million annually, took a pay cut as well.
- “Downton Abbey” second season 3 teaser features a showdown between Maggie Smith and Shirley MacLaine. Take a look at the teaser below.
- BBC’s first original drama series “Copper” premieres Sun., 10/9c. Take a look at the trailer.
- Also check out a sneak peek below.