ABC’s hit drama, ‘Revenge’ returns Sun., Sept. 30 for a second season. The season finale left viewers with a major cliff-hanger, but before the season begins, here are some spoilers to satisfy your thirst.
- The upcoming season picks up a couple of months after the first season finale. Like season one, there will be a “flash-forward to the end of summer, and a terrible event that occurs, then we bring the audience back to the start of the summer,” Kelley told Huff Post TV.
- Emily (Amanda Clarke)’s mother is alive. Jennifer Jason Leigh, was recently cast as Emily’s mentally damaged and dangerous mother.
- Emily gets a blast from the past. Barry Sloane plays the mystery guy, Ethan who went through an identity transformation when he met Emily, then Amanda Clarke. Executive producer Mike Kelly told TVLine, “They [were] very angry kids, and they’re both from the same situation. They’ve lost similar things, and they [came] together.”
- Nolan’s sexuality, family and company, NolCorp will be explored next season. Nolan love interest next season will be a female. “There’s something about [Nolan] that is so disarming and nobody has said to me one thing about his [bisexuality]. … He’s quite open about what he is … It’s about the person in front of him,” Kelly told Huff Post TV.
- If you still doubt Amanda’s pregnancy, don’t any further. Amanda IS pregnant. Does Jack think he is the father? Nick Wechsler (Jack) told TVLine, “There’s no way he doesn’t have questions. But his obligation is making him turn a blind eye to certain things. At a certain point, he’s going to have to face it.”
- Emily’s secret (her identity) is out of the bag. Huff Post TV says, someone “very important” will find her who Emily really is. Any guesses?
- Kelly told TVLIne, Daniel is going to get darker next season, and Ashley is going to be along for the ride. “Things are not going well right now. He’s reverting back to the person he was before Emily came into the picture, and also feeling his DNA, which is Grayson through and through.”
- Conrad’s kids and ex-wife from his previous marriage will be revealed in season two. We will also meet Victoria’s mother, although there is no word yet if Victoria’s reign is over. I hope not.
- When asked if Emily’s target of revenge will change, Kelly told Huff Post TV, “I think as she learns more and more about what exactly happened and is at stake, yeah, things evolve. If this show doesn’t evolve, it gets boring. The world [of the show] gets much bigger, It’ll keep mushrooming.”
The second season of “Revenge” premieres Sunday, Sept., 30 at 9/8c on ABC.